Thursday, April 30, 2009

Some things I've been doing recently

Growing a beard a la Al Gore (and shaving it off again as soon as friends started calling me Bob Vila)


Congratulating Helio Castroneves on beating his federal tax evasion case (I'm not altogether sure he heard me though)


Getting as close as possible to Danica Patrick (only the 230mph speed differential, a very tall fence, and 75 yards of seats seperates us)


Learning some new combat carbine drills with friends (no live ammo involved this time, who can afford to shoot these days, but we can still learn to work as a team)





Watching Mitch Maier single up the middle (right past Joel Zumaya and into center field)


Watching my wife win a bunch of swag on the Royals "Crown Vision" HD screen


Cheering Alberto Callaspo as he advances the runner to second base


Admiring the newly rennovated Kaufmann Stadium after the game

2 comments:

  1. You gotta good eye, Duke. I like the wide angle of the field and the last shot. Was that on a tripod? I'll have to dig through and show you some photos I took at Kansas Speedway with my old 20D. Yours turned out nice, I was using a crappy 100-300. It did alright I guess. Of course, I was watchin Asscar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't take a tripod to the Royals game. I took several shots of the stadium from the partking lot using different settings and just held the camera as still as I could. Pretty cool huh?

    ReplyDelete