Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Consider the lillies... or maybe the tulips

Had a nice day today with an abundance of sunshine, so I took a moment to get out of the house and take some pics of the perennials that have made their yearly appearance around our property. Put the camera on full manual controls, set the ISO to 200 manually, and snapped away with different apeture sizes to experiment with field of view. With the apeture opened up all the way to the stops the field of view is insanely short, which I really find intriguing. Occasionally using a touch of zoom, and focusing very carefully, I did my best Georgia O' Keefe impersonation.

F5.6, 1/1600


F4.5, 1/320


F14, 1/250


F10, 1/125


F36, 1/60


Hey, this isn't a flower! What are you doing here? Why is my camera being sniffed?

No comments:

Post a Comment