Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Some random images

I haven't done anything that's worth posting an entire series recently, so here's a smattering of odds and ends that I think are worth sharing.

Joakim Soria closes out the top of the ninth inning with three strikeouts. This is at full zoom with my 75-300mm lens.



The view from the exact same seat in the upper deck, but with a fisheye 0.42x lens attached to my 18-55mm. My wife won the fisheye/macro lens combo off Ebay for $60.



With the fisheye lens off but the macro lens still attached to the 18-55mm, I can take some insanely close pics.

Moss growing on a tree in my front yard:



An ant crawling on some flowers. Both the flowers and the ant are tiny, this fella isn't a big army ant, he's one of those small little scouts that's only a couple of milimeters long:



Test firing a gunstore customer's Yugoslavian AK47 pistol. Lots of muzzle flash even in broad daylight. Not a very efficient design but it does put on quite a show:



My friend Eric puts a silenced Ruger .22 through its paces. The sound of the rounds hitting the target is louder than the sound of the gun itself:



My friend and fellow attorney Michael Younker looks out from his back porch:



His wife plays with their dog for awhile, then rests in her favorite chair:




My friend Greg. No relation to Al Pacino:




A fire in the business district of my home town:







The state capitol building in Jefferson City, Missouri, around midnight. The self-shots I took using a tripod and 20 second timer. Shutter speed was a full 4 seconds so I had to hold as still as I could:







That's all for now. Just bits and pieces of my life, hope you're enjoying the view, if anyone is even visiting this blog at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment